Sunday, February 14, 2010

A week in the life of Bounce Hoag

Meet Bounce! He's our new Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. We picked him up on Sunday, February 7th at the age of 7 weeks. We picked him out of four boys in the liter and we are sure we got the best dog. He's certainly a lot of work and cutting into our eight hours of sleep, but he's adorable and we love him so much. Here's what his first week as a Hoag looked like...

Day One: Sunday, February 7
Today two new people came and played with me and my three brothers. They oooohed and awwwed at us a lot. Then they carried me out and we rode in the car for forever. We stopped and I got to play in the grass. They were very excited for me for some reason.
I got weighed today and came in at 3.5 lbs. Not for long though, I feel a growth spurt coming on!

Day Two: Monday, February 8
I guess I don't get to see my brothers anymore. That makes me sad so I whimpered at night when I am supposed to be snuggling with them. But I did get to sleep next to my new BFF, Mr. Bananas. All day long I hung out with Mr. Bananas and Matt. I slept a lot. And I found something that I love to chew and sleep on - slippers! The blue Gonzaga ones are my favorite. I guess I'm supposed to be a fan of Gonzaga or something... I also got some poop on myself so I got a bath.

I don't mind baths so much and then I get to snuggle up in a towel afterwards. Not so bad, but it does tucker me out! Day Three: Tuesday, February 9
Today I pooped on Mr. Bananas. And on the Gonzaga slipper. I swear I didn't mean to! I also learned how to untie shoes. I am one smart dog!
Day Four: Wednesday, February 10
Snow snow snow! I got to play in the snow! I learned today that I like to work out, rather, I like to sleep on weights - working out through osmosis. Day Five: Thursday. Februay 11
I got to meet lots of people today. 5 in total! 4 neighbors and my friend Colin came over to meet me. I like people. And people like me, they all told me I was cute! Oh, and have I mentioned that I sleep a lot? I do. I sleep lots, whenever and WHEREVER I feel like!

Day Six: Friday, February 12
I think my name is Bounce. Though I'm not sure. I hear "Bounce" most often but sometimes they call me little rascal, punk, cutie, knucklehead, pup, terror and klutz.


Day Seven: Saturday, February 13
I gained a pound! I weighed in at 4.4 lbs today. I also went on an outing to the pet store to get new treats. I'm picky and don't like the first ones we had. I met more people at the store and they all thought I was cute. I even got offered a new home - thankfully Cara said no thanks!

I woke up from a nap and Colin came over again. This time he brought his wife Jess and they brought me a gift! Three bones for me to chew on! They think I'm cute too.

Day Eight: Sunday, February 14
Happy Valentine's Day! I love my new family!
I finally grew into my collar and got to go on my first walk today. It was SO fun. I ran around in at the park and got so tired that I couldn't walk home.

3 comments:

Megs said...

looks like Bounce is making himself right at home. He is so cute.

Hoag said...

I love this pup!

Think I'm biased?

Ada said...

Bouncy Hoag is definitely the cutest!!! can't wait to meet him!