Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Motivation needed! (part one)

Matt and I consciously gave up on eating right and working out as of July 1. We left for vacation that day and when we returned it was a whirlwind of packing, driving across country, unpacking and trying to settle in. Did you read between the lines there? That means we ate out a lot, including fast food, considered activities such as unpacking our exercise and called it good. It’s not that we have been entirely lazy since we got to Sacramento. Bounce still gets daily walks, ideally two per day. We bought bikes and have broken them in around town. Heck, we even ran around Greenlake when we went to Seattle for my friend Kristen’s wedding.

But I think it’s time to get serious. We have already started down the path of eating better. Proof? Last night’s dinner was grilled tofu, zucchini and green peppers in flat bread. Not Matt’s favorite meal but he didn’t complain either. He just requested that next time we have flat bread that we also include chicken, bacon and ranch!

Now to focus on the exercise side of things… I keep making excuses. Want to hear a few?
  • It’s too hot outside.
  • My wrist hurts.
  • Bounce wants us to stay home and keep him company.
  • I don’t want to have to shower and do my hair afterwards.
  • My knee/hamstring hurts.
  • If we work out now, when will we eat?

In response you might say:
  • Do a video inside? How about The Shred or Jackie Warner?
  • Since when did jogging involve wrists? Hit the pavement!
  • Bring Bounce along, he loves a good walk or run.
  • Shower and put your hair in a pony…that’s what long hair is for, right?
  • Exercise will actually help your knee/hamstring, just ease into it.
  • Eat later. You can always eat later.

See? I know my excuses aren’t good enough. So help me find the motivation? What gets you moving? Any new exercises or activities that put an extra ooomph in your fitness regimen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool