Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Engaged!

After 4.5 months of blissful dating, Matt got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him. I squeeled "Absolutely!!!" We embraced in the best hug either one of us has ever experienced. After a few minutes of hugging, Matt pointed out that I had shoved the ring out of the way without even taking a glance at it. I kept my tight grasp on Matt, saying that the ring wasn't my concern--marrying him was!

I finally let Matt reveal the ring and slide it on my finger. It's no wonder he wanted me to look at the ring, its absolutely beautiful. I love glancing down at my hand and seeing that shiny reminder that Matt and I will tie the knot in the somewhat-near future.

4 comments:

Hoag said...

Awwwww.....mush mush mush!

Megs said...

isn't this old news now? If you were a true blogger, you would have blogged and posted pictures of your adorable new neice by now!! Of course you know we are thrilled about your engagement!

Brenna said...

I was so thinking the same thing, megs! Get on the ball, Auntie Cara!

Cara Hoag said...

whoa whoa whoa...I have hardly even had internet access since Becca was born with the whole moving thing! AND I know you both have seen lots of pics of my adorable little niece!