Thursday, December 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I read this on a blog while back and it really resonated with me. It's something I plan to put up in the house some where. And since the holidays are a great time to celebrate love, family and friends, I decided I would also post this on my blog:


May your home be filled with laughter and the warm embrace of a summer’s day,
May you find peace and beauty,
Challenge and satisfaction,
Humor and insight,
Healing and renewal,
Love and wisdom.
May you always feel that what you have is enough.


I love it! I love the home Matt and I have in Knoxville. And I love going to my other two "homes" for the holiday (my parents' house and Matt's parents' house). Ever since I've been with Matt, my whole idea of home has changed . It’s no longer one apartment or townhouse that is home. Home is wherever we are. This of course, is top of mind as we are looking ahead to a move in the summer and will have a very different home than we do now. Plus, home just got a little more exciting now that we’re married. We just got our very first Christmas tree together and got to make new memories of decorating it while playing Christmas music and wearing holiday headgear! I tried new Thanksgiving recipes that could very well become part of our traditional Thanksgiving meal every year.
Happy Holidays! I hope your home is bursting with love, happiness and memories!

2 comments:

Nick and Erin said...

Where are the pictures of Matt in this "holiday headgear" that you made him wear? :) Sounds like you guys are finding your groove in married life...You are right that holidays are great as newly weds, but I think that adding kids to the mix takes the cake. Hope you both are doing great!!

Brenna said...

what a sweet blog entry. I might just copy paste bc it's so good.
Love you!