Thursday, April 16, 2009

Megan and Becca visit Knoxville!

I'm really behind on blogging so I'll try to catch up and will fall back on my standard "high fives."

Megan and Becca made the trek out to Knoxville earlier this month. It is so incredible that Megan was willing to make the journey out to visit. We had so much fun with her and Becca! Here are a few highlights:

1) Just hanging out! I love that just being at home and visiting can be so fun! It was perfect considering how immobile I was. I wish we could have gone on some walks and such, but it didn’t take away from our fun!
2) Having a vivid picture of what Becca is like. Holding, watching and interacting with Becca gives me such a better idea of who she is. Now when Megan tells me she is doing something I can more vividly picture it. I love that.


3) Showing off our home. No one from home has seen Matt and my place since I’ve been here. We have put in some work and added little details to make our house a home and that was really fun to share with Megan and Becca.

4) Getting Megan’s help on the Save the Date cards. We amazingly tracked down every address we needed and I got the save the date designed and printed just in time for Megan’s visit. Coincidence? Definitely not. As Maid of Honor (MOH in bridal speak) Megan was more than willing to help me address all the postcards so we could get them in the mail. It went so quickly between both of us addressing!
5) Playing host! Megan is my older sister who always seems to be the one taking care of me and hosting me whenever I visited. There have been very few opportunities for me to payback the favor. It was fun to plan out meals and outings and make sure Megan and Becca had everything they needed to be comfortable during their visit—which of course included Tennessee gear! Here is Becca in the swimsuit I eyed for weeks before the visit. Megan hasn’t taken any pictures in here UT gear or I’d share that too.


2 comments:

Megs said...

Great summary of the highlights from the visit! Here's a HIGH five back for a great visit!

Ada said...

You have the cutest niece!!! I love the Tennessee outfit! She's adorable!