Friday, April 24, 2009

It's a Wedding Wonderland

I started writing a blog about the things I’m excited about this spring and summer. It's 85 degrees outside and forecasted to be nice all weekend which got me thinking about all there is to do in nice weather. My first topic was weddings. And then I realized that we have so many upcoming weddings that it deserves a dedicated blog. So you’ll have to wait for the spring and summer blog.

I’ve been told that in your 20’s there is an early wave of weddings and a late wave of weddings. I’m officially at the age that the late wave is picking up and in full gear! In the coming months, Matt and I get to go to quite a few weddings to celebrate our friend’s love. And as we are still planning our own, you can bet that I’m taking notes on all the details.

Here are the wedding invites we currently have on the fridge:
May 2: Quinn and Deborah in Birmingham, Alabama
Matt is a groomsman in the wedding. Quinn was Matt’s first roommate in Knoxville and they are an adorable couple. I’m excited to go to Alabama for the first time!

May 23: Jon and Trina in Spokane, WA
Woohoo! A wedding in Spookaloo! We are excited to see our NW friends and family. Plus we get to squeeze some of our own wedding planning during the trip.

June 6: Lane and Sarah in Charlottesville, VA
Lane is Matt’s friend in the PhD program and Sarah is his awesome fiancé who I started going to yoga with (until my knee started acting up, but I will return soon!) I can't wait to visit Charlottesville! There wedding is at an old historic house and they plan to have BBQ and horseshoes. So fun!

July 11: Megan and Tim in Walla Walla, WA
Megan is a friend of mine from college. Unfortunately we can’t make another trip back west for this one.

July 11: John and Elizabeth in Knoxville, TN
John and Elizabeth were at the same Engaged Encounters retreat as Matt and I. We really hit it off with them and have went to dinner together once since…hopefully more soon. We’re not sure how to manage it, but maybe we can go to two weddings in one day, we hope to pull it off somehow.

July 11: Ann and Wilson in Cookesville, TN
Ann is in the PhD program with Matt, and is actually the only other person he will graduate with. She grew up in Cookesville which is not too far outside of Knoxville. Again, we might try to make a miracle happen and attend two weddings in one day. I’ll let you know how it goes!

Can you believe it? Three weddings on the same day! I wonder if that is the most popular wedding day of the summer. Having all these spring and summer weddings makes me even more excited to have our fall wedding. I don’t think we have to be concerned about our guests having other weddings conflict with ours (fingers crossed).

Cheers to love and marriage! We’re so excited for all of our friends.

Now I need to go shopping for a few dresses and lots of wedding gifts!

No comments: