Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I blame knee surgery...

Having a knee injury = sitting around ALOT

Sitting around alot + pain meds = a total tv-watching couch potato

And that is how I got addicted to Jon & Kate plus Eight. I guess the show has been on since 2007 (who knew!?). I've seen it on TLC and knew the general concept but always refused to watch because I know how TLC shows can suck you in and I didn't want yet another TV show to watch.

But then it was on and I was on the couch for the 5th day in a row and I decided to watch just one episode. Matt watched it with me and we were both kind of annoyed. There are a lot of kids screaming and Kate appeared to be very bossy and negative. BUT I kept watching anyway. I never noticed before, but Jon & Kate plus Eight is on ALL the time! In fact, I'm watching it right now! Plus with our DVR, I have stocked up episodes. A set of twins and then sextuplets! I can't even imagine. And this fascination is why I can't stop watching!

I think if you watch any show back-to-back-to-back you get sucked in. Any TV showed that I have watched on DVD sucks me in so much more than just a show on TV. Instead of waiting a whole week to watch the next episode you get to watch it right away! With my last knee surgery I got addicted to Weeds on DVD. This time...Jon & Kate plus Eight.

4 comments:

Cara Hoag said...

I should expand a little. My initial reaction to the show was right and wrong. I was right that there is a lot of screaming. But as I've seen more of Jon and Kate I like them both have a lot of respect for them.

Brenna said...

I can't believe you can watch episode after episode of that! It's interesting because Kate is super organized and so therefore amazing, but I really, really can't stand the constant screamathon. I too thought Kate was rude at the beginning but I think she and Jon are totally real in front of the cameras. She's way nicer than I would be :)

Hoag said...

Which is why we would be stopping with twins...

;)

Megs said...

I resisted Jon & Kate plus 8 for a long time- I saw bits of it and was annoyed by Kate, but then when we went to Orcas Island with Marleen and Noel, they put it on and it was a marathon-they convinced me to actually watch and I was enthralled. I think I have caught up now and watched almost every episode. I find comfort in their family- no matter how crazy our house may feel, theirs it 3 times as hectic.

Happy TV watching- hope your knee is feeling better soon and you can move onto other activities!