Monday, August 24, 2009

Wedding excitement - RSVPs

Matt and I dropped 125 wedding invitations into the mail nearly two weeks ago and what a relief to have that major task off our plate. And now I have a new favorite part of wedding planning: checking the mail! I'm already an excited mail checker, its almost always the first thing I do after work and if Matt checks it before me, I get a little bummed. But now it's ten times more exciting because our RSVPs are rolling in!

Every day I rush to check the mail and pull out all the RSVPs and then Matt and I guess who they are from based on the post stamp location. There are a ton of Seattle peeps so we almost always get those wrong, but some other cities are easier for us to figure out. So far we 52 confirmed guests. It's incredibly exciting to see all of the friends and family who want to celebrate our wedding with us. I can only imagine what it will be like to actually see all of these people in the chapel at Gonzaga and then eating, drinking and dancing the night away with us!

Today we had one RSVP come in that left us cracking up (I'm still giggling) and a little embarrassed. Some how one of our RSVP postcards was only printed on one side. The address and stamp side was fine but the RSVP side was completley blank! I guess somehow the printer missed it. So Josh and Joy got it and were probably a bit confused as to how to reply and had to write in hand "Josh and Joy plan to attend" on a completely blank postcard. Oops! Not sure how we didn't see that before it went out, but I am just hoping it was the only one! Totally hilarious. Here's what our RSVP card should have looked like:

No comments: