Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm alive, just busy!

Wow, I definitely fell off the blogging bandwagon...Matt also had the same problem, a sign that this is just a very busy time for both of us.

I've been consumed with work, much more than I care to be and I am hoping the demands taper off by the end of August. It turns out that Summer is our busy time in charter school enrollment. We have quite a few new schools that are taking up a lot of my time, but the biggest drain on my time is Louisiana. Before this job I new very little about Louisiana and the more I learn about it, the less desire I have to ever come back. Since June 30th I've been in Louisiana (in either Baton Rouge or Shreveport) for 21 days. I calculated that and that means I've spent 52.5% of my time here. Over 50%!?! Crazy, huh?

Time is just flying by with all of this work travel and having to work weekends, late nights, etc. Since the last time I blogged:
  • Matt and I celebrated the 100 days until the wedding! Now we are down to 74 days.
  • We attended two weddings in one day
  • We celebrated our engagement anniversary (from afar because as you can guess, I was in Louisiana)
  • Matt's parents came to visit us
  • I booked travel to come home late August for my dress fittings and a bridal shower
  • We booked our flight and hotel for the wedding week!
  • Matt kicked off the interview process in NYC with 15 interviews with different schools from Seattle U to Northeastern and lots of places inbetween

Well I have lots I want to blog about but most of those things include pictures so I will have to wait to blog until I'm back in Knoxville. I miss blogging!

3 comments:

Megs said...

We miss you blogging too. That is really insane that you have been in LA more than home in July! Hope you can break that trend in August.

MaryC said...

I read Megan's comment and I agree. I miss your blogs, too. I really like the pics you add and maybe you can explain to me-very sequentially and specifically-how to add pics and/or post a photo album. I want to add pics from my mom's 80th gathering to the Newman page. Oh my, 50% of your time in Louisiana. Lucky you and in the hottest of the hot part of the summer! Get home soon. I'm sure Matt misses you and needs you back!

Cara Hoag said...

I plan to blog this weekend...so much to catch up on, including my first exposure the the Newmans!