Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt!

Matt turned 28 on August 25th – his last birthday as a bachelor! I was really excited to surprise Matt with a new adventure. In May I saw an ad for Wahoo Zip and knew that’d be the perfect birthday activity. I kept the idea in my back pocket for 4 long months without giving any indication – I was proud of that!


The ziplines are located in the Smokies which is only 45 minute drive from Knoxville and very scenic. If you visit their site you can see how they promote it with selling points such as “over 2 miles of cable.” I was sold!

So I told Matt we were going on a surprise outing and we had to leave the house at 11:15am. He asked what to wear and I basically said anything, just not flip flops so he started thinking we were hiking or something. And then we started driving towards the mountains and he was really thinking something outdoorsy. We were driving on some random back roads and the first sign for the zipline appeared. He was definitely surprised – he didn’t even know the place existed! I was so happy to pull of a surprise because normally I am so excited about something like this that I give to many hints and can’t keep it a secret. (Don’t worry, he still doesn’t know what my wedding dress looks likes even though I did slip up and tell him the designer.)

The ziplines were awesome. I definitely recommend going sometime, somewhere. At first we thought it might be scary but it really wasn’t at all. We got to go on 6 different lines and they mixed it up for us:
*We got to hang upside down
*Ride tandem
*Race each other on side by side lines (Matt won)
*And they grabbed the line and bounced it as we were zipping
I wish I could have taken pictures of Matt while he was going, but I had no where to hold the camera and he did. You can bet he was yelling WAAHOOOO as he zipped!