Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Name that Game

One aspect that Matt I really wanted to convey in our wedding and reception, was a little bit of "us." This sounded easy at first, but was actually a bit challenging. Any time we tried to push the envelope, we nixed the idea because we truly appreciate the traditional aspects of a wedding. So we did what many couples before us have done, we labeled each of our tables with something other than a number. Matt and I opted to label each table with a game. If you know us at all, you know we love us some board games! We entertained the thought of having a game at each table but decided against it. Instead, we showcased ourselves playing a game at each table. In the slideshow below you can see each of our lovely self-portraits for each of our Table Games. Yes, you read that right, self-portraits. Matt and I staged each picture. We did "costume" changes and set up the camera on a tripod so we could use the 10 second self timer to quickly run and get in position. We had so much fun taking all the pictures. We did it over the course of about 3 nights. And as you will plainly see, some pictures turned out much better than others. You can probably tell which ones were at the end of each night when we were a bit tired of posing. Go ahead and guess which ones were last in the comment section below! I promise we won't get offended if you're wrong.

3 comments:

Megs said...

Ok, my guesses for last photos- Scattegories & Yahtzee. I do love all the photos- you guys are cheesy, and I mean that in the best way- you know the same affection that Matt called me a spaz! love you guys

Brenna said...

I don't think it was a mystery that these were self portraits. I'm sure you wouldn't ask a friend to do it, and you guys are just that cheezy that you would do self portraits! :) My guess for last picture is ... shoot, I just forgot which one it is, but the one where you guys are just smiling at the camera, not actually playing. Also, how many takes of Catch Phrase did you need before you got the perfect mid-air pass?
PS- Thanks for the bday message, Can't wait to catch up and hear all about your honeymoon!
love ya

Cara Hoag said...

Catch Phrase was so fun to take. We just sat and played catch back and forth hoping to get the timing right. It took probably 10 takes or something. That's Matt's favorite picture, he is so proud of it!

And Megan, I hate that Scattegories picture...I don't know if it was last or not, but we were not feeling inspired about how to pose and it's not particularly flattering either. It must have been towards the end or we would have been more willing to retake or try a different set-up.