Monday, October 20, 2008

Is it November 4th yet?

I get these email newsletters from Aaron Karo, a comedian. They are pretty entertaining. Here's an excerpt (and I apologize for the foul language...it’s not me talking!):

“We are in the midst of one of the most divisive elections in history. Democrats hate Republicans. Conservatives hate liberals. Everyone hates the debate moderators. But there is really one group that we can blame for all the negativity and vitriol that has enveloped this campaign: “undecided” voters. Obama and McCain don’t care about those of us who have already made up our minds, and with good reason. All their speeches and ads are now targeted to those people who claim, that after a year-and-a-half-long media blitz, they still don’t have enough information to make a decision. I don’t call these people “undecided” – I call them fucking idiots. Forget about hockey moms and Reagan democrats; what the candidates are really courting… is the moron vote.”

Now I won’t call undecided voters morons as Karo did, but I seriously do wonder how people can still be undecided. At this point, what in the world are they going to make their decision based on? We’ve heard all there is to hear, make up your mind already!!

And another excerpt that just cracks me up:

“Think about how old your dad is. Now think about how many years you’d have to add for him to be 72. Now think of your dad at 72. Now think about your dad at 72 running for president. Even if you love your dad as much as I do mine, your conclusion will invariably be the same: no fucking way.”

4 comments:

Hoag said...

The age is my biggest beef too. I mean...seriously. With the level of traveling, anxiety, and the hours required to be president I just don't think a 72 year-old president is the best bet. I happen to agree with Barack on quite a few of the issues as well. 15 days and counting until we're done with all of this political madness!

Brenna said...

The first excerpt is funny and so true. What is their problem? The age doesn't bother me. I guess I always see that the Pope is 80 something with a very demanding job and so for that reason I feel safe to vote on the issues alone.

Sestak said...

That is an interesting point Brenna brought up about the pope, never thought of it that way...Plus Bob Hope has been partying out the New Year since 1776!

On a completely different note I love the fact that you have gotten Hoagie to start blogging. I can see you two sitting at home, cuddled next to each other with a fire roaring on the television (due to lack of fireplace) with a two laptops firmly planted on your laps blogging away...now if that is not romantic what is!

Megs said...

I definitely cannot imagine being 72 and running for president (but I can't really imagine running for president at any age).

On the news tonight- they said that more people see John McCain's age as a negative factor than Barrack Obama (which is likely because no one is willing to admit to being racist- I guess ageism is ok?)

As far as undecided- who knows... I certainly have had more than enough time and info to make a decision. I am ready for it all to end.