Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today I’ve been busy day dreaming…If I had 4 months of vacation and money to spend, I would:

One month: Visit friends and family in the NW (with stops in Portland/Vancouver, Seattle, Spokane and Boise)

Three weeks: Take Matt to Italy to be his tour guide for Florence, Cinque Terra and Sorrento. Then together we’d explore Lake Como, Sicily and wherever else the train might take us.

One week: Rest in Knoxville, get stuff done around the house, do laundry, watch Ellen

Two weeks: Go to Bora Bora and stay in a hut over the water, do very little other than bask in the sun and drink fruity drinks

One week: Go to DC to feel the Obama-mania in person

One week: Rest in Knoxville, get stuff done around the house, do laundry, watch Ellen

Two weeks: Go climb Mt. Kilimanjaro (with Bruno and friends of course)

Two weeks: Wine taste in Cali

(and of course, Matt would come with me everywhere and I'd have an open invitation for anyone to join us at any point)

What would you do?

4 comments:

Hoag said...

Where would I do?? I'd be at Cara's side every step of the way!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to visit you in the hut over the water and relax, do nothing, avoid all technology. But Kilimanjaro sounds a bit scary, so I'd just stay in Bora Bora..or take a sailboat ride to some abandoned island and pretend I can afford one of those million + dollar houses you found!

:)

Megs said...

hmm- i would come visit you and then we would head to NYC for a girls week with tons of Broadway shows & shopping. I would take the family for a three week road trip accross the west- Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Disneyland. Mark and I would take a nice vacation to some place warm and do nothing. And while we are at it, I'd go to Europe with the fam and explore for however long we could. Of course this would have to be several years down the road.

DaddyHoag said...

It sounds lovely, but I would miss the Pacific Northwest even if this winter has been a real endurance test. And what about the 3,000+ sqft townhomes - wow! ... I look at those homes and feel a bit like a pauper and then remember I am pretty darned happy with it.