Wednesday, January 7, 2009

High Fives of TV

Wow. I fell off the blogging bandwagon! With our travels back to the NW, my blog was far from my priority of things to do. And now I’ve been away so long that I am torn about what to write about…so many options!

To cover the most topics in the most effective manner, I will do “High Fives.” Until I feel caught up on my blogging, I will pick a topic of the day and do my top five thoughts/comments/stories about that topic.

Today it is all about: TOO MUCH TIME IN FRONT OF THE TV
1:
I probably shouldn’t admit it, but I love the Bachelor. It’s not even that it is a good show…it really isn’t anymore. I love the Bachelor because it is a bad show. It’s one that I get completely sucked into and enjoy watching because of all of the ridiculous antics. Truth be told, the big selling point for me to watch the Bachelor is sharing the experience. It’s kind of become Megan and my show. Because I keep moving away from Vancouver, we barely get to watch the show together in person but for several years now we watch it simultaneously, texting each other throughout and talking on commercial breaks. Added bonus? Brenna and I do the same thing too! Now that I’m on Eastern Time we have resorted to email exchanges. I send ones for Megan to open while she watches and she’ll respond for me to read in the morning.

2:
Okay now here is a show I REALLY shouldn’t admit to watching: True Beauty. It was on after the Bachelor last night. These RIDICULOUS people are trying to win a modeling contest as the most beautiful person, only they are actually being judged on their inner beauty. It’s totally trashy and like the Bachelor, is only entertaining to watch because of how bad it is.

3:
The third reality TV show that I am in love with is less embarrassing (I hope): The Biggest Loser. I am convinced that this show is less embarrassing because you watch people who are actually bettering themselves, lengthening their lives and inspiring many people to do lose weight. At times it is disturbing to watch these people battle to lose so much weight, but mostly it is just amazing to see what they can accomplish.

4:
Another show that I enjoy and feel the need to comment on is How I Met Your Mother. My sister has been a big fan of this show since its early days, so I would watch it on occasion. But as of lately I look forward to it. And I feel like more and more people are talking about it. The new Friends??? Maybe!

5:
Now, so you don’t think I’m a complete couch potato (I swear I am not!), I also have clocked quite a bit of time in front of the TV doing Wii Fit (or watching Matt do the Wii Fit). Thanks Santa for the gift! The competitor in me loves the motivation that games, rankings and high scores give me. And the yoga and strength exercises truly make me sore!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to talk to you about True Beauty- I watched the intro and was planning on turning it off and go to bed, when the waiter fell onto everyone and dumped chocolate on them... Mark and I thought it was hillarious and had to watch to see what else the show had in store. It truly is good BAD tv- if that makes sense. Welcome back to blogging, you've been missed!

Brenna said...

Did you know that How I Met Your Mother is the Kelly's favorite show??!!! Colin rented all the dvds when I was pregnant with Evelyn and we have been hooked ever since. Mmmmm I love that show.
I can't say enough about the Bachelor, obviously as you know.
Love the Biggest Loser too. Such good tv taste you have. I also watch these "i have a million kids" shows on TLC on Monday nights- Jon and Kate Plus 8, 17 Kids and Counting and other tlc million kid specials. I'm not sure why I have this fascination! Should I watch true beauty? Oh, do you watch The Hills and/or The City? Omigosh. I think I'm a tv addict and I JUST realized it...
Post next about Zags!

Cara Hoag said...

I know, sometimes I feel like an addict too! And yes, The Hills is another bad show I love to watch. I haven't seen The City yet but I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Oh, and your wish for a Zags post is granted! :)

Megs said...

That is so funny- we totally have the same tv viewing habits. I love watching the TLC Monday nights and endless reruns of Jon & Kate, plus 8! Watching them with eight kids makes our house seem calm and sometimes I need that reality check. I have broken my hills addiction and have missed that last couple season, but it definitely use to be a guilty fav. AND How I met my mother is the BEST!