Friday, March 27, 2009

Dog lovers

Early on Matt and I realized that we shared a love for dogs and a strong dislike for cats. We both had dogs growing up and can't wait to have one of our own. We are resisting the urge to dive right into dog ownership..with the wedding, honeymoon, job interviews for Matt and the 2009 Holiday season, we will be away from Knoxville quite a bit and don't want to board a puppy that much. So we wait.

But being planners, we already know what we will get and when. Back in Vancouver quite a few of my coworkers have Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers and I've always loved them. I used to dog sit for several of the Wheatens and could never get enough of their bouncy personalities and tendency to snuggle up. Fortunately Matt was easily swayed to love Wheatens too so we plan to get a lil' Wheaten pup next spring.

Here's an informative video about the breed. But if you really want to fall in love with the breed, just go to Youtube and search for "Wheaten Terriers." I'm having a "I wish I had a dog" kind of week. How great would a snuggly Wheaten be to keep me company as I clock so many hours on the couch with my knee propped up!?

3 comments:

Brenna said...

Funny dog! there is one in our neighborhood. Colin's beloved stuffed animal from childhood is a wheaton terrior so we always say "There's lamutt!" when we see him.

Cara Hoag said...

hahaha...Lamutt! Love that name! I want a Wheaten right now!!

jocelthem said...

OK, cute...really cute. But cats are still friggin awesome.