Thursday, May 7, 2009

Knee update

I'm happy to report that I "graduated" from physical therapy last Friday and was given NO RESTRICTIONS! I will get the official blessing tomorrow from the surgeon.

Upon my graduation I decided it was time to do The Shred with Jillian Michaels.


Megan, my sister, started The Thirty Day Shred Challenge with her husband a few months ago and she looks great! It appears to be a good jump start into getting fit. Matt and I kicked off our Shred workout on Monday and so far so good. No knee pain, just some extra soreness and swelling in my knee because it is so weak. I'm even getting close to wearing heels again! I've gotten comfortable wearing certain wedge heels and the next step will be my true heels.

Looks like I am healthy enough and have plenty of time to get in shape for the wedding and honeymoon. I'm hoping to run a 5K sometime this summer. I'm going to take it slow and then start looking for local races when I feel I'm in running condition again. For now I'll continue to do jumping jacks and lunges with Jillian from the Biggest Loser. (Quite the sight to see! I got a major case of the giggles during the first Shred workout we did. I looked at Matt and I jumping around in our tiny living room doing Jillian's every command and thought anyeone watching would be cracking up...it's not very pretty...we're quite out of shape!)

**Matt and I won't make it thirty days straight of doing the Shred unless we bring the video with us to Spokane and do it at Colin and Brenna's...which is an option but I'm not sure it is very likely!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

congrats on the graduation. ha ha ha ha totally bring the Shred! it will be hilar on our majorly squeaky wood floors!