Friday, December 19, 2008

Reflecting on an eventful year

On Saturday Matt and I are going to Battle in Seattle (GO ZAGS!!). We are so excited to go. And not just because it will be a great basketball game and we get to see many of our good friends, but it was at this event last year, Matt and I met for the first time. (See picture below from our first night meeting...you can tell we had fun being goofy together from the very start.)
It is pretty remarkable…

In less than a year’s time we fell in love and got engaged. Now I can’t imagine my life without Matt. Plus I moved to Knoxville, Tennessee and started a new job. So much has changed in a short period of time! What is even more remarkable is how naturally all the change has happened. Falling in love with Matt has been unlike anything I even dreamed of. He is my perfect match. We couldn’t possibly be apart so that made my move to Knoxville an easy decision. And the transition has been wonderful…even the hard days don’t seem that bad because I’m with Matt through it all. (I know, this is sappy overload, sorry!)

Tonight we get on a plane to fly back to the NW. I’m so excited to be traveling WITH Matt this time instead of traveling by myself to see Matt. Think good thoughts of safe and smooth travels for us so we can be sure to cheer on the Zags Saturday and toast a tequila shot in honor of the first night we met.

2 comments:

Hoag said...

Awww...this blog totally made my contact lenses dry out, which is the only reason that I'm all teared up. I swear. It has nothing to do with me being all sentimental and sappy and missing you and reflecting on an amazing year falling in love with you or anything like that!

;)

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! I can't believe it either... it has been a crazy year for you guys. But Crazy in the best possible way! We couldn't be happier that you found each other (except the little part about Matt living in Knoxville, but we'll look past that if it means your happiness). love you!