Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Honeymoon Destination - Voice your opinion!

You get engaged and everyone asks, "Do you have a date?" We quickly chose the date and were happy to answer that question. Now we are getting a new one, "Where are you going on your honeymoon?" I get this question ALL THE TIME. Like seriously, all the time, the dentist, doctor, friends, coworkers. Sometimes I think people ask just so they can tell you where they went or where they would recommend. Which is great, we've gotten tons of input. Now its just picking a place and going with it. We know that no matter where we go, it will be amazing and will always be special because it is our honeymoon.

We've been investing more time in the topic lately. Who wouldn't get excited about choosing which wonderful, tropical resort to go to? It's a great time-waster to go online and look at all the amazing options. To help narrow it down, I called the travel agent we use at work and Sandy has been guiding us. We have a pretty good idea of where we will go.

Here's what we know:
  • We definitely want all-inclusive...its our honeymoon we want to be taken care of!
  • We want tropical. Warm sun, beaches, fruity drinks.
  • It's hurricane season so we'll be looking into trip insurance.
  • We dont' want to travel TOO far because of the travel we have to do for the wedding, the lack of vacation time I have, etc.
  • Did I mention tropical? With lots of sun, beaches and bottomless drinks?
  • We are on a budget so it will be nice but can't be too extravagant.

Before I tell you our top choices, let us know where you went, what you recommend, or what you don't recommend.

We can't wait! I think I might make us some fruity drinks tonight to enjoy while we look online at all the beautiful beaches and resorts!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

OOOHHH! Fun! Hmmm... the closest for you guys is right in the eye of the storms!
Well you know that we went to Maui for our honeymoon. So the best and we loved it. If neither of you have ever been to Hawaii, I would recommend it. I think you should both go somewhere you have never been. Time-wise, on our way back we just took an all night flight and it was great. Next time we go, I would like to go to Kaui, I heard it is the most beautiful and romantic. Also, don't need to worry about the hurricanes there!
My favorite place is Cancun but I won't go on and on about the gloriousness because it is in the Carribean and it's hurricane season! Beware if you choose Cancun or anywhere in the carribean. Weather could really dampen your honeymoon. I would try to stay clear of that area. Keep us updated on the search! Maybe when you find a few good places, we could vote, just for fun! :)