Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bananagrams

Earlier in the month my sister Megan posted her review of Bananagrams. I bought it for my brother-in-law Mark's birthday, not knowing from personal experience if it was a good game or not. I knew two things: 1)It sounded fun. 2)I'm a sucker for good packaging/marketing.

Matt and I bought it this weekend so we could play it during our travel to Spokane this weekend and we gave it a few test runs. Turns out, it is fun! And I'm still a sucker for good packaging/marketing. There is really no reason for it to be called "Bananagrams"...it has nothing to do with bananas other than the adorable banana-shaped pouch it comes in. Some brilliant person thought, "let's put it in a banana pouch and call it Bananagrams." It might not be a logical packaging design but it sure does appeal to shoppers! And the banana pouch is perfect for travel!

My rating: A


1 comment:

Cara Hoag said...

Since this post we played Banagrams in a restaurant in the Las Vegas airport (while drinking a Banana-rita because it seemed appropriate) and played with 4 players for the first time! In Spokane we stayed with Colin and Brenna and on our last night we played quite a few rounds of Bananagrams. I won a lot so of course I'm still loving the game! We highly recommend it!