Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Looking ahead

The move to Knoxville has always been a temporary one. I knew when I came that we would be here for two years and then Matt would finish his PhD and we could move closer to the NW. Time is flying and by this time next year we will know where we are moving and could move anytime from May-July. It'll be here before we know it!

What is really cool about the job search for accounting professor positions is how early the process starts. Schools are already posting job openings for positions starting fall 2010. Matt will start the interview/networking process this summer and then formal interviews will start in the fall. So by November or December we could already know where our next home will be. Cool, right? Especially since I'll be conducting my own job search!

As of last night we only have two job openings that intrigue us (it is very early so there will definitely be more that peak our interest). A university in Milan, Itlay or one in Seattle. Both would be very cool. And if we are being completely honest, Seattle is the more likely of the two. I still have my fingers crossed for jobs in Portland or at WSU Vancouver. We'll see!

No comments: