Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I still blame knee surgery...

In an earlier post I blamed my recent knee surgery for causing me to watch Jon and Kate Plus Eight and for getting totally addicted to the show. I had avoided the show for all 4 seasons it has been on and then reluctantly gave in to watching while I was cooped on the couch with my bum knee. I blogged about this on April 14…I literally got personally invested in the Gosselin family just in time for it to spiral downward. I'm so bummed that I started watching so I wouldn’t be so sad about the recent problems between Jon and Kate.

The 5th season premiered this week. Matt and I watched and felt completely depressed the whole time. What used to be an entertaining show with 8 adorable kids has become a painfully awkward broadcast of Jon and Kate's marital problems. After we watched the season premier we watched an episode from the previous season and the two episodes were like night and day. During the older episode we were laughing, rewinding to see the cute clips of the kids and thoroughly enjoying it. The new episode was so far from that. I hope that Jon and Kate can remove themselves from the public eye and focus on their family. I truly hope for the best for them, but I also truly wish that I didn't care!

1 comment:

Megs said...

I agree... I wish I didn't care too. The older episodes were fun to watch because it was a real family, they loved each other, they had fun together and the kids are so stinky adorable. Now it is a train wreck. I want the season to wrap up in a happy ending like regular sitcoms do. That I guess is the downside to reality tv, it doesn't wrap up all nicely.