Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Calling all dog lovers!

Do you love dogs? Have you owned a dog? Dreamt of owning a dog?

If you answered “yes” to any or all of these questions, go out right now and buy or check out the book Marley & Me by John Groban. Especially if you have traveling plans for the holidays—this book is perfect light reading for trains, planes and automobiles!

Why you ask? I ask you…have you ever regretted reading a book:
  • That made you continually laugh out loud AND brought you to tears?

  • That you can totally relate to?

  • That makes you reflect on your own memories?

  • That you just CAN’T put down?

Good books are the ones you are sad to finish…Ones you want to tell all your friends about. Marley and Me was this type of book. Matt watched me read it and after seeing me laughing and crying while reading, he was too intrigued not to read it. Less than a week later, he’s already done reading it!

So go get it already! Or ask to borrow our copy, I’m happy to share! I hope the movie lives up to the book; it looks promising with a good cast (Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson).

And while I’m recommending books, I’ve been on a good streak lately and HIGHLY recommend: "Eat, Pray, Love" and "Kabul Beauty School"

I’m also taking recommendations. I need a good book for my own holiday travels. On my shelf that I’m contemplating are: Middlesex, Kite Runner and Atonement. Care to help me chose? Or even recommend others!

And here's the dog I am most excited to see when I am home:


4 comments:

Hoag said...

Awww...cute babe. I recommend Kite Runner wholeheartedly, but it's not necessarily "light holiday reading." I'm excited to see Ms. Zoey too!!

Anonymous said...

Zoey is excited to see you guys too- She needs some lovin' She is still acting like she's neglected since Becca is here.

Where's the love for Hershey?

I gave up on Eat, Pray, Love for now, I haven't had time to read since being on call 24/7 so Mark is currently reading it.

Brenna said...

I just finished Eat Pray Love last night!! When Evelyn was born Colin's mom sent Marley and me to me with a note that said "for those quiet moments" Just so happened I used the quiet moments to sleep soooo I'm going to start in today in the hopes of finishing before we leave MN so that I can see the movie with his mom!
After that, I definitely need a recommendation and I was counting on you to give me another!! I tried to read Atonement and it was too boring for me. Sorry I have no others- I usually read "how to get your toddler to sleep" books and other really exciting literature.

Brenna said...

PS- Love the wedding countdown!! :)