Monday, December 1, 2008

Caught: pillow swiper!

You’ve heard of blanket stealers and bed hogs, but pillow swipers might be a new one. It sure surprised me! Matt and I mostly sleep just fine in the same bed but he has been known to do the signature blanket roll. He’ll be on his side facing me and grab the blanket while rolling to his other side, leaving me sans blanket.

But last night he took it to a new level. He swiped my pillow right out from underneath my head! I woke up to the thud of my head hitting the bed. I quickly realized what happened and got the giggles. I tried to tell Matt that he stole my pillow but he was half asleep and had no interest in my giggling babble. I finally audibly told him that he stole my pillow. Without saying a word or even opening an eye, he handed me the reject pillow that he had tucked between his legs. This sent me into another fit of the giggles and I tried to tell him that I wanted MY pillow back. No use…he was back to sleep. So I got out of bed, walked around to his side and found his pillow abandoned on the floor. I grabbed it and went back to snooze for another hour before our alarms went off.

Next time Matt better look out because I won’t be so nice, I’ll be swiping my pillow back right from under his head! (And I’ll try not to giggle. But I’m giggling right now just picturing sleepy Matt snatching my pillow from me so I’m not sure I can keep a straight face with this issue.)

What kind of shenanigans do you all encounter? Sleep kicking? Sleep walking? Dogs or cats pouncing on you?

7 comments:

Megs said...

You post made me laugh! Mark is a pillow snatcher too, but he has never stole my pillow from under my head, he steals my body pillow from out of my arms. He also talks in his sleep- usually asking a question, I wake up and try to answer him and realize he is asleep and cannot hear me. We think Corbin sleep walked awhile back, but it hasn't happened again. My adventure last night was Trent waking up crying and I went to lay down with him and laid down in a pool of pee! Totally gross. I also find myself surrounded by snoring- Mark, Zoey and Becca all are noisy sleepers. Those are our nightly shenanigans, along with feeding Becca a couple times a night still.

Anonymous said...

My comments keep getting rejected with that blasted word verification...but i was just saying that I too was a victim of pillow thievery last night! Usually I am the roll-over-and-steal-the-blanket culprit, but pillow revenge? That's just not cool. Or comfortable.

Hoag said...

I report for the start of my prison sentence this afternoon.

:)

Erin said...

i am so glad that someone else knows exactly how nick sleeps. i can't even tell you how much this hit home to me. too funny. :) even the reject pillow. he does the same. maybe it's in their dna. men....

Brenna said...

Colin doesn't steal things, but he is just ridiculous in the middle of the night if you try to talk to him. I only found this out after having Evelyn. Several times I have asked him to hand me something or help with Evelyn in some way and his answers are obviously mid-dream. Like "Colin, can you give me that burp cloth?" Answer:"They don't have any sheets downstairs" I always have to ask things several times until he wakes up, and usually I'm practically yelling at this point. The other night, I asked him several times for something and after many crazy answers, I said "Colin.Hand.me.that.PLEASE!!!!" To which he replied "BRENNA!!! DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE I'M FOUR!!!!!!!" Um, I didn't start out like that.

Megs said...

Last night, Mark tried to fight me in his sleep. In his dream, maybe I was the truck theives or something, but Trent was in our bed, I got up to lay him down and when I returned, Mark's arm was sprawled over my pillow, so I moved it. Mark responded, "You better watch it!" -very threatening like, I responded but he clearly wasn't talking to me.

Anonymous said...

Last night, Mark did steal the pillow right out from under my head. I woke up to my head hitting the bed. I laughed, thought of you and fell asleep.