Sunday, December 14, 2008

Proud Auntie

I meant to post this awhile back but kind of forgot about it...

Megan (my sister) has been wonderful with keeping in touch ever since I moved to Knoxville. I get regular emails with stories and pictures plus she blogs and we also talk on the phone. But this piece of mail has to be one of my favorite "updates" I've gotten:
It says: "Auntie Cara...I love you!...Are you having fun...Hi Matt...Love Corbin" And the picture is pretty clearly labeled that it is Corbin and me. This card itself is pretty stinking cute. But the cutest thing about it is Corbin's attempt to mail it. He made the card, sealed it in an envelope, wrote my name on it, put a sticker where a stamp normally goes and tried to put it in the mail just like that. Megan got to it and put it inside a bigger envelope with a real stamp and my address.

So cute! And I'm so impressed that Corbin wrote the card and drew the pictures without any help at all! This blog is the first that Megan has seen of it. Can't wait to go home and see the fam!

2 comments:

Brenna said...

SO CUTE! Aunties are so special!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, he had some help. He told me what he wanted to say and I wrote it down for him on a separate piece of paper. But that was all. I didn't see how it turned out. There were tears in my eyes when I when I read this. He did such a good job!! I am impressed. BTW- you should show some love for my blog and post a link when you mentioned it- send some of your loyal fans my way! J/K

We can't wait to see you either!! We love our Auntie Cara! ONE WEEK!