Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Honeymoon - And we drank (part 3)

From my first two honeymoon posts, you've probably gathered that Matt and I did our fair share of drinking. We often started the day out with mimosas with breakfast and continued drinking throughout the day, enjoyed wine with dinner and hit up the bar afterwards. Ahhhh, have I mentioned how great the all-inclusive package was for us?

This is another picture heavy blog, but I figured I had the pictures to prove all the drinks we enjoyed, so why not share?

The picture below is the Swim-Up Bar that was right by our room. You can see the lounge chairs outside our room in the right hand side of the picture. It was a pretty hoping place. We got to meet lots of fun people here. One couple was from the tri-cities in Washington and shared our same wedding date. There were quite a few British people at the resort - we learned that there are quite a few direct flights to Cancun so it's a fairly easy destination for them. (A total side note: I'm fairly certain that the British folks were the reason there were so many topless women at the beach....there were lots of older women who never wore a bathing suit top and no, it wasn't pretty....hopefully Matt will blog about one woman in particular who we saw a lot of and even nicknamed - but never once spoke to.)
Here is Matt with our favorite bartender, Israel. He was the bartender at the Swim Up Bar featured in the picture above. We tipped him very well because his service was exceptional. He climbed over plans and our neighbor's porch to bring us our drinks so we didn't even have to swim up to the Swim Up Bar if we didn't want to.


The main bar had swings surrounding the entire bar.

Don't worry, we drank plenty of water too!

Waitresses also brought drinks out to our beachside lounge chairs.
This was my favorite drink - The Bahama Mama.

1 comment:

Hoag said...

I love you, my bahama mama!!

(and I'll definitely meet your challenge soon as long as you don't beat me to the punch!)