Saturday, November 28, 2009

Honeymoon - wrapping up with the classic self portraits

Here's the situation: You're on your honeymoon and you want pictures of both you and your new husband. You could ask a stranger every time, or there is always the good old standby of the self portrait. Take the camera, stick your arm out as far as you can, try to guess what is centered and give it a whirl. You guys know what I'm talking about!

Here are all our best self-portrait shots! Get ready for a lot of close ups of Matt and I!


Our last picture of the night of our wedding. SO HAPPY!

Flight from Spokane to Nashville - Sunday after the weding....tired!

Flight from Knoxville to Cancun - Honeymoon here we come!!

First day at the beach

Loving our honeymoon suite and comfy robes!

Do we look tanner yet? Another beach shot.

Beach front candelight dinner. So romantic!

Our one and only trip off the resort to Tulum

Enjoying dinner. Here we actually do look tanner.

Soaking up our last day at the beach.

And to wrap up, a very mushy honeymoon self-portrait.

4 comments:

MaryC said...

I love these pictures. You two are so cute and SOOOOOO "cheesy". I am so glad that we're related!

Ada said...

Oh wow! you guys got really tanned! I love the one where you 2 are wearing the white robes... so relaxing! I'm glad you had such a great trip!

Brenna said...

you guys are so lucky. When we got married, pretty much no one had a digital camera, so our self portraits couldn't be checked and redone. ha ha. cute pics guys!

Cara Hoag said...

Mary - we are very cheesy. And I happen to think Matt got that from you!

Ada - thanks for calling us tan! It's all relative since my tan is someone else's normal skin color but I did feel much darker than usual.

Brenna - We are so lucky! I can't even imagine trying to do the self portrait without screening them digitally. I'd probably be asking a lot more people to take our picture!