Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A last HOORAH!

I love that a wedding becomes so much more than one event. I'm always a fan of an excuse to hang out with all my girls. On Thursday we had my bachelorette party. My bridesmaids did such a great job of planning a day that I would love - and they kept all the details a secret so I was surprised all day long. I'll let the pictures do the talking...the only thing I don't have pictures of is the pole dancing (which is probably a good thing because we were all pretty awkward - with the exception of Kate who totally rocked it).
Brenna's car was decked out the bachelorette decor - balloons, streamers and a window sign.

Our first stop was Green Bluff which is perfect because I love Green Bluff! It a loop of farms on the outskirts of town and and just oozes the beauty of fall. I love to just soak up the crisp fall air and pretty landscape. Plus, Brenna and I went several years in a row when I lived in Pullman and we have such fond memories of those trips.

One of my favorite features is the pumpkin launcher. It wasn't open when we were there but you can picture how cool it is when a pumpkin flies through the air.

Then we went to an Italian restaurant for lunch - one that Megan introduced me to in college. The food was good, the company was great and the dessert was not good - which saved us a few calories. We didn't have ribbons at my bridal shower so the girls brought ribbon to make one before the rehearsal. I ended up forgetting it for the rehearsal - but not because I didn't love it, just because I was hectic and forgetful.
We went to dinner at Twigs.
Got drinks at a new bar in town where I was presented with a check list of things like "Get a piggyback ride from a stranger" and "Ask someone to marry you." And yes, I completed these tasks - I'm too competitive not to!
Then it was off to the piano bar where we were the center of attention. It was very fun. The picture below is the point where I was serenaded to "You lost that loving feeling." The bar provided the hat and boa and some kind stranger loaned me her aviators and I clearly had fun rocking it!

And a lovely last shot of the blog...my statue of liberty impersonation.
I was quite the impersonator by the end of the night (read: after I drank a lot). Someone has a picture of my Michael Jackson impersonation that is probably quite embarrassing. If I get my hands on it I promise to share it with you!
It was such a fun day and I hope we can do it again without having to wait for someone to get married! Thanks to my girlfriends for putting together such a fabulous "last hoorah!"

No comments: