Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mmmm, Mmmm Good

I get daily emails of cool, unique trendy things through Daily Candy. I feel like it keeps me hip and I learn about the coolest things. For example, today's "Weekend Guide" recommended the Mac N' Cheese of the month club. Yum! What a good idea! It sounds so so so good. BUT I am not going to pay $500 for 12 meals. At least, not until Matt and I become DINKs. For now, we are implementing our own Mac N' Cheese of the Month Club. It should be fun, we'll research recipes (suggestions welcome!) and try one out each month. And don't worry, I'll keep you in the loop by posting our reviews of each recipe. MMMM.

Cooking is so much more fun when there are two people. When it was just me I ate cereal, PB & J and out a lot. But Matt and I are having fun planning out meals for the week and eating at home to be healthier and save money for the wedding. We are always open to new recipes. If you have a favorite (and it is relatively easy) pass it on! I'm already inspired to try a recipe -not Mac N' Cheese but it does happen to have the same essential ingredients: pasta and cheese that was featured in Megan's blog.

4 comments:

Megs said...

Daily Mac & Cheese sounds like a great plan- one question though- how does it fit into your no dairy diet?

You both have had my Mac & Cheese (which is really Martha Stewart's M&C) but if you want that recipe, I will gladly share it with you (or just go to Martha's website)

Good Luck and Happy Cooking!

Megs said...

Oops- I meant monthly M & C- daily might be a little too much of a good thing!

Cara Hoag said...

I could try one month with SoySations -or whatever the cheesy name is for Soy Cheese. But I have a feeling it wouldn't be very good!

I'll be loading up on Lactaid on Mac N' Cheese nights! And we will definitely make the Martha Stewart one. So far its my favorite!

Brenna said...

Oooh I have so many good recipes to share! I'm so glad you're getting into cooking now. I love it too.
PS- you're a big nerd for linking us to the urban dictionary. Yeah, that's right- you're already a dink. See definition #2.