Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wedding Inspiration

If you are like I was six months ago, you have no idea what an inspiration board is. I quickly learned what they are as I started planning our wedding. Wedding blogs are all the rage and are an endless supply of inspiration, ideas and DIY instructions. I'm loving it. I have a few that I read on a daily basis. I see inspiration boards all the time and figured it is about time I do it! Essentially an inspiration board is a collection of pictures that shape the theme and details of the wedding.

Here is a sampling of what inspires us for our planning:


We are going with a vintage theme with orange and blue as our colors. My grandma offered us the cake topper from her and my grandpa's wedding and we gladly accepted. This became the main inspiration for the vintage theme. The colors were an easy pick: Orange for our wedding season (Fall)...which we both love. And blue because it happens to be both of our favorite color. Plus the beautiful stained glass windows in the chapel (pictured in the inspiration board) are blue.