Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh Nordstrom, How I love thee.

I ordered my shoes for the wedding a few days ago from Nordstrom.com. I’m so excited to get them and try them on in hopes that they fit my requirement of cute and comfy.

Turns out, I’ll be waiting a little longer than normal for my shoes to arrive so I can put them to the cute and comfy test. I got the confirmation email that the shoes had been sent. And immediately realized…CRAP! I used the quick purchase option that used my saved information. Only, it still had my Pullman, WA address. Ugh!

And here’s why I love Nordstrom so much. I called right away and didn’t have any wait time and got a super polite woman. She was so calm and quick to help me solve this problem. It was a stupid mistake on my part but she didn’t make me feel that way at all and happily helped. She put me on hold while she called UPS to see what they could do. A few minutes later she came back to the line and explained that the shoes will have to go all the way to Pullman where they can get intercepted and then re-routed to Knoxville. PHEW!

Then she says, “I’m going to go ahead and take off the $8 shipping charge since its going to take longer than the promised 4-8 days.” I gratefully accepted while thinking “What? It’s totally my fault that it will take longer…but if you want to waive that fee, please do!”

Another good customer service experience with one of my favorite stores! If only there was one in Knoxville!

No comments: